Monday, January 12, 2015

Rad

Often you will hear people saying, more often than not an employee leaves a company because of the boss. But what if it was the boss who left? Will that necessarily make the direct reports stay? Or will that make them leave all the more? I don't have the answers to these. And for sure there are no conclusive answers. It will all depend on specific circumstances.

Last Friday, my boss officially left the company. I cannot say that I was close to him but I can say that we had a good working relationship. He's not the typical boss who dictates. He gave me freedom to do my thing as long as I deliver. He wasn't perfect. There were times that I don't agree with him. There were also times that I wished he wasn't my boss. But the more I get to work with him the more I understand. Esp. when he started get out of his shell. His job wasn't easy and I am glad that at least I was able to help make it easier for him.

I'll forever be thankful to Rad. If he was a different type of boss, I wouldn't have survived. Yes, there were times that I wanted to leave the company but for different reasons. I'll forever be thankful for the understanding and compassion he showed. Esp during those times that I had to take long leaves because I had to take care of my parents.

I thank him most esp for the vote of confidence. He trusted me enough to take his place. Did he prepare me for it? I think he did. And I'll do my very best to not fail him and the others who trusted me as well.

Tomorrow, I'll officially take on a new journey in my career. I pray that I'll have a smooth journey. If not, I pray for people who'll help me get through. I don't want to be the reason why people will leave.

To my former boss, I pray that you get to achieve what you aimed for in the new position you'll take. See you around! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment