Tuesday, December 25, 2012

The Christmas Wish I Didn't Get

A little over 5 hours to go before Christmas day officially ends. Though I know that Christmas should be a celebration of the birth of Christ, it can't be helped to have a wish for yourself. It has been Christmas's tradition for wishes to be granted. After all it is a celebration of the life of the One Who saved us from sin. And so I have this little wish. I know it was quite impossible to happen but I prayed for it to happen just the same. Yeah, I know, the day is not yet done but I am not keeping my hopes high.

My wish is just simple. To be able to talk to and see him. As a friend told me, he could be my cure for the sickness that I have. Not good to be sick during Christmas by the way.

Anyway, the wish wasn't granted. He called earlier today but I wasn't able to answer/ I don't know if it was just accidentally pressed or he really meant to call because he didn't answer when I called back. I know he is having fun with friends and I cannot be mad at that. And I am not mad. He deserve to have fun.

Though I am quite sad that my wish wasn't granted. I am not bitter at all. Perhaps it's a reminder that I shouldn't be wishing these things anymore/ That I have to set my heart free.

A friend read  the card he gave me and she laughed. Laughed because it was very clear that all he wanted to have with me is friendship/ Yeah, yeah, yeah. It was so clear from the very start. Since he gave me his very first gift on Christmas 2009. I happen to come across the gift card of that gift. There was a very big FRIENDSHIP there/ Just like what the recent card he gave me had.

Well, I hope I won't be wishing for the same thing next Christmas.


Merry Christmas my friend. Merry Christmas!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment