Thursday, December 6, 2012

White Flag, Not in a Thousand Years

I am currently addicted to two songs right now, White Flag and Thousand Years.  I can play these two over and over again and not get tired, esp White Flag. I wouldn't say that I can very well relate to the songs but I would say that there are lines that can very well express what I am currently feeling.


"I will go down with this ship, but i won't put my hands up and surrender. There will be no white flags above my door, I'm in love and always will be"

I really love these lines from White Flag. I know I shouldn't be writing any more things relating to him but then again this is just not about him. Anyway, yes I am broken. No one can really fully understand the pain I am going through. It is not just about unrequited love, but more of losing confidence of who I am because of rejection. I never felt this so unimportant. Yes, I said I was ok but then I realized I really am not. Who am I kidding? But still, I am not raising my white flag. I am not giving up on loving. Perhaps, I gave up on loving him. I know that I am not part of his world. That I just happen to be a chance encounter. He was my world and I cannot allow that to continue. I cannot continue to be pathetic. Thus, I gave up. But then again, giving up on him does not mean that I am giving up on love.

I am not giving up on love and I will not. Someday I know I will find the love that I deserve to have. I deserve to be loved to and be cared for too. I just have to stop on putting him as the center of my universe so I can widen my horizon and see those that I am supposed to see.

To that someone I am meant to be with, "Darling don't be afraid, I have loved you. For a thousand years, for a thousand more years".

No comments:

Post a Comment