Friday, March 14, 2014

Candidate No.3

I'd been meaning to write for several days now. But can't seem to find the right words because of all the craziness going in my head. Thankfully, I had a massage earlier which somehow caused my mind to calm a bit. I was therapized (a term I learned today which means the feeling after something doing therapeutic. Accdg to bata. And I don't want to google it). 

There are a lot of things that I want to write about. I still have a pending post re the Piolo and Toni moment. But for this post, I'd like to share about a very interesting Q and A I've had. Interesting because it's not everyday that I get to be asked those questions esp by a guy. If the conversation wasn't through SMS, I would literally have "tameme" moments. 

I was asked about what's my criteria for a guy I want to date. I answered my usual answer. Someone who is not intimidated with/by me. Someone who I cannot overpower. Someone who can leave me speechless. And funny I was told that I don't have a taste with men because these are just my criteria. Haha He got a point though. I mean, no specific traits (physical or not) were mentioned. 

So I'd like to expound. 

Someone who is not intimated with/by me.

       I don't like guys underestimating themselves because of what I have achieved. There's a difference between someone who is just shy (as I am shy myself) and someone who isn't proud of what they have achieved or isn't looking forward to what they will achieve.
       I do admit that I have this tendency to challenge. As I love to be challenged too. So if the guy isn't up for the challenge, then that's it.

Someone who I cannot overpower.
  
        This is related to the first. Someone who I cannot intimidate then I cannot overpower. I am not a power tripper. But sometimes I cannot help but be dominant. Perhaps it's due to the position I have and have had. So I need to be tamed. So I get attracted to guys who shows a certain aura of authority.

        
Someone who can leave me speechless.

        I am shy but once I get warmed up, I become very talkative. And I have that tendency to monopolized conversation. So I get attracted to those who can counter my being talkative. Those who can throw me questions that will leave me thinking. Or those who can brutally be frank with me. Or those who can throw jokes than can make me laugh hard enough that I end up crying.


And I guess to sum all these, the guy must be smart. And to borrow my friend's answer to the same question (but for girls he wants to date), the guy should be smart and everything else follows.


I'd like to commend the guy who asked me the question. It maybe simple but it was tough. Especially that there were follow up questions that (to my mind)were designed in a way so my answers will end up inconsistent. Haha 

Seriously, the questions allowed me to ponder.

Yes, I have certain traits that I look for in a guy. But for several times, I deviated from the list. 

The heart just beats when it wants to beat for someone. 







No comments:

Post a Comment