Sunday, November 25, 2012

Mao Man!

Someone told me last night that when it is time, love will definitely come.


Mao Man!
Facebook Note
Feb 13, 2011


Not A Love Story

There are just some things that are not meant to be. You find someone you thought can complete the long awaited love story you wanted but then he/she ends up completing another’s. Then you’re left sulking in a corner, feeling so down, feeling sorry for yourself because you are not good enough to complete his/her love story.

At some point, I guess boys and girls or men and women alike go through this cycle. Of finding love, losing it, and finding it again until the story is complete. I myself went through this, though I haven’t found love again and my story isn’t complete yet.

Every now and then I hear and I see love stories that I can somehow relate to and eventually learn from.  And I can’t help but think of my own. I realized that I’ve got lot of stories to tell but not a love story.  Yes, I fell in love once or twice but it is all one way. So there isn’t a love story after all. I used to feel sorry for myself because when everyone else has theirs to share, I don’t.  But eventually I have come to terms with the fact that if it is meant to be, that someone who will complete my story will come.

Since it is the love month, I would like to share some of the things I picked up from all the stories I’ve heard and the things I learned from my own experience of loving.  I will not elaborate much. I am no expert. I know you’ll get my point.

Know yourself
                There is no greater way of sharing a story with someone than knowing the kind of person you are bringing into that story.  Though knowing oneself is a process and that someone might contribute to that but in general you should know who you are, what you want and the like.

Love yourself
                It’s a simple principle. You cannot share what you don’t have. 

Be Complete
                Some have this notion that they enter into a relationship because the other person completes them.  This shouldn’t be.  You must bring into the relationship the complete you.

Love knows no measure
                It is not important who loves more. What is important is the love must be real.

Age does (not) matter
                Love can strike anyone at any given time. It knows no age. For a love story to work it is not a matter of how young or old a person is but how mature.

Don’t Cheat
                Any form if cheating breaks trust and confidence. And once trust is broken it is hard to gain it back.

Don’t Play Around
                Others find satisfaction at playing with others feelings. It’s a fact that some, at first, doesn’t want to commit so they just play around. But one must learn when to draw the line and stop.

Fight if it is worth it, Let go when it is time
                You must know when to fight and when to let go. It is hard and it is painful to stay in a relationship that is falling apart.

There is no such thing as I cannot live without you
                Building a world around someone can be tragic in the end.

Know where you stand
                Sometimes what breaks a good story is when one assumes something and the other thinks otherwise. So you must know where you stand in a relationship and act accordingly.

Love is not lust
                No need to elaborate.

Experience is the best teacher
                One can never truly learn without going through the process. Others are lucky enough that at first shot they find the one to complete their love story while others have go through some tough times to fully learn and find that someone.

In HIS perfect time
                Love will come and stay when it is time.


Learning all of these and the rest of what I’ve learned about took time. I’ve fallen a lot of times. And sometimes I still sulk in a dark corner and cry.  Sometimes I am just too stubborn.  But then again I know it is all part of the journey until that perfect time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment