Sunday, November 25, 2012

Of Memories That Sticks

No need for me to expound. I am just happy that yet again, these chopsticks reminded me of  what truly matters.  


Of Memories That Sticks
Facebook Note
January 7, 2012


Since I got back, I haven't had the chance to clean until now. While going through my things, I saw a pair of chopsticks. It's an ordinary kind that you often see in restaurants. I cannot anymore remember the name of the restaurant(somewhere in Greenbelt) where I got it from but I remember exactly why I kept it.

It was August 5, 2010,  my last day of training in Manila and I will be flying to CDO the next day. It was also the last time I'll be seeing a friend before he migrates. Since he cannot accompany me to the airport, we decided to have dinner instead. It was a fun dinner, well there was never a dull moment with this friend. He never fails to make me laugh even if he is crying! Anyway, before we left the resto I ask him to write me a message on the resto's tissue and write his name on the chopsticks. He's not the type to give notes and the like, I just forced him to because I know I won't be seeing him in a long time. Right now, I cannot help but smile at the memory of this day,esp after we parted. I literally cried during the whole MRT ride from Ayala to Shaw Blvd station. I didn't mind all the people looking at me.

Funny how I am reminded of this memory at this time. Especially that it wasn't such a good welcome week of 2012.I cannot fully expound on the how's and the why's though.

I am reminded of how vital every little moments we spend with the people we love and every waking hour that we have. We should make memories while we can and make sure that we keep chopsticks to to remind us in case we forget.


No comments:

Post a Comment