Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Communication

One area that our team needs to improve on is communication. Sometimes, we get too comfortable with each other that we automatically assume that our msg are conveyed even if we just say it in passing or even if we don't say it at all. This is a big challenge for me. I need to urge the team to practice proper communication and I need to practice it myself too. I sent an email to the team re this one and only one responded. I am not sure if they got the msg or if they took the msg seriously. I just hope that they did. I have high hopes to better improve the team. But then of course I cannot do it alone. It has been months since I took this post and I am not so sure if I am effective with what I am doing. I ask for other's feedback but what they give me does not suffice as a proper evaluation of my performance. Too bad there isn't someone who can mentor me. I need some guidance too.

When I decided to transfer, I knew that I'll get the post. But more than getting the post, my deciding factor was the fact that I had two people to back me up. My support system. I can't seem to feel that now though. I feel that I am left alone. And honestly, that fact seems to weaken me. I just force myself to stay strong because there are others who depend on me.

Oh well, I pray for improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment