Sunday, April 6, 2014

Wala Lang 1

While looking for something, I found an old compilation of poems I wrote years ago. I can't help but smile and laugh even. Was I in love when I wrote those? Or my muse just sprinkled me with lots of dust for inspiration? Anyway, I am glad that I came across those again. It reminded me of a part of me that I long have forgotten and perhaps I need to "be" again.

And so I am sharing everything. And I might add some notes on each to add a touch of the present. This could be a start of something new for me.  Pardon the grammatical errors/inconsistencies. :)

The Love I am Yet to Find

I woke up one sunny day
  Feeling bright and breezy
I smiled as I saw one handsome face
  Who's deeply asleep beside me
I kissed him on the lips
  And I touched my tummy
Oh! I can't wait to see my baby
  And be a proud mommy


I went into the kitchen
  And prepared his favorite meal
I happily set up the table
  As I wait for my husband dear
I went to wake him up
  But one thing caught me by surprise
Oh! It is my darling smiling
  Ready to give me my prize


I heard him whisper sweet nothings
  As I helped him with his tie
I love you so much
  I whispered in reply
I felt my heart jumped
  As we kissed. The he bid goodbye
Oh! He's off to work
   Can't wait for the time to pass by

I did my chores
  And went through the day
I even called up a friend
  And shared my story
I really can't explain
  The happiness I have inside
Oh! I have a wonderful husband
  And a baby soon to be alive

I don't want to open my eyes
  But the clock is so noisy it's seven o'clock
I hurriedly went to class
  Then suddenly I was taken aback
I bumped into someone
  The man I was with last night
Oh! What a sweet dream I had
  Could it be the love I am yet to find?

29 Mar 2004

To this day, I haven't found that love yet. But I am sincerely praying for someone. And that someone's face is already etched on my mind. He's a happy "place" for me now. :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment