Friday, April 11, 2014

Wala Lang 4

Ten Hours

ten hours...
   that's all i have
ten hours
   in this world
   to stay awake and be alive
ten hours
   to bid goodbye
   to those whom i truly love
ten hours
   is left for me
   to express what i truly feel
ten hours
   for me to say
   i love you my dear friend
ten hours
  may not be enough
ten hours
  may be all too late,
  but since
ten hours
  is all I have
  might as well show this love
 with what I've got
ten hours...


byang
31 March 2004

Last night I finished reading Tuesdays with Morrie. That book was wow! I never thought I'd learn a lot from someone who is about to die. Morrie was right about everything he said. Sometimes people tend to focus on the superficial that we neglect the essentials. 

Ten Hours was my answer to the "Ms Universe" question of what I'll do if I am given that much to live. But then again, reality dictates that we are unsure of when will be our last day here on earth. But then we are sure that we will die someday. So why wait for that last day? I mean, can we do on a daily basis the essential things that we want to do if it were our last day here on earth? 

Actually, I am posing that question to myself. And honestly, I don't know how to respond to it. There's a difference between knowing and actually taking action. I know what I need to do but I don't do it. I let fear and cowardice overpower me. Though I am happy to say that I may not say words of love to my parents or those I care about, I've somehow managed to have a better relationship with them. Yes, there are relationships that I need to mend. Hopefully, I'll have the courage to take action.

I am quite in a dilemma on one certain aspect. I'm in a constant push and pull between having the courage to take action and the fear of rejection. Oh well.

\

No comments:

Post a Comment