Monday, August 25, 2014

TextMate

I don't know if today's generation (as if I am that old) still has this textmates thing. Especially with all the networking sites that are easily accessible. If ever they still have, probably they are already calling it something else.

I remember when I got my first cellphone, I was in high school then. Loads were expensive and there is still no such a thing as unli. And since not everyone had a cp yet, for those of us who had, we kind of just texted some random number to be textmates with. For me, I just interchanged my last two digits. Fortunately for me, I sort of "found" someone who could I really be friends with. I don't remember his name though but at that time he became an older brother. I was at that rebellious stage and I was glad that he was there to guide me. Even at a distance. I haven't met him in person and I didn't tell him my family name. All I knew was he was from Luzon. We became textmates for quite a while. I forgot why we stopped communicating. Perhaps, circumstances just changed.

And funny how after more than 14 yrs, I'm back to that phase. Not with the same person but with someone I actually know. Though I don't actually remember his real first name. The past days I just stayed at home. While others are enjoying the long weekend vacationing, I opted for staycation. One, because I am too lazy to go out. Two, I don't want to spend. Three, I have work to do (which I haven't finished until now). Then out of the blue, an acquaintance from long ago messaged me in FB and then we started texting. And I'm glad that we did. We talked about anything that comes to mind. No pretenses. And I guess our conversations is one thing I need at this point. I am all too boxed up with my thoughts. I needed another perspective. And for him, though he's just generally bored, he needed another perspective too. Especially from someone who is older.

Sometimes, we pray for things and we might not noticed it our prayers are already answered. I prayed for clarity. I prayed for understanding. And though it might not have been directly given, I had it through this person. His questions, his dilemma. my responses, my questions, and everything I imparted in our conversations, gave me the clarity and understanding that I prayed for. Sometimes, you just need someone to throw you back the question you asked, so you'll find the answer.


No comments:

Post a Comment