Saturday, September 13, 2014

comfort zone

"Why can't I leave this comfort zone when I am no longer happy?"

I was asked this question and the immediate answer I gave was, "proper timing". I honestly don't know why I said that. Perhaps it is an image of an inner struggle. A battle of the different voices inside me. It could be a clash of different emotions or the lack of it. I really don't know. But what I do know is that I am not as effective with my work as I used to. I simply give in to any mediocre idea presented to me. That drive for excellence is currently at a flat line.

I got fed up actually. I know I cannot choose the people I work with. I know that I cannot make everyone understand the way I think and the way I do things. Same as I don't readily understand others'. But I always keep an open mind. But when you work with closed-minded people. And you always give way out of respect, you eventually  reach a saturation point. And I've reached mine. In respecting others too much, I'm neglecting my self - respect. And I know I cannot make this as enough reason to quit.

I'm not in my comfort zone yet. I still have so much to learn. There is still a lot of room to grow. It is not yet my proper timing to leave.

And though I am not currently happy, I know I still can turn this around.

To the person who asked me the question, I pray that she can turn her situation around and fine the proper timing.

To the person who is a stressor, proud, entitled(!?), doesn't know real respect but demands it, I pray that she be humbled and see the effect of her actions.


I pray.


No comments:

Post a Comment