Thursday, February 19, 2015

Gone Too Soon

Most of our batch mates in high school were surprised to learn re the passing of a batch mate, Sorene. Me and my barkada even can't get over the news. We may not be that close to her, but in one way or another she touched our lives.

I don't remember if we became classmates in highschool. Though we were just a small community so we would know almost everyone. I remember her to be one of the more popular kids in school. Smart, talented, pretty, friendly, and she has that distinct voice and a beautiful smile. 

Gone too soon. From what I learned, it was only October of last year that she knew that she had cancer. She fought a good fight and judging from her posts, she didn't lose hope. And being true to the person that she is, she showed so much positivity that you wouldn't know she's going through something. Judging from her friends' posts, she was even the one giving them words of encouragement.

For the past days, I kept on browsing posts about her. And from time to time, me and my friends would have a fb group chat about it. I cannot explain why the browsing. Perhaps, I am trying to get the positivity also from what had happened. I never am the very positive person. It's a constant struggle for me and I keep on working on it. 

Gone too soon. That's what happened to her. But with the kind of person that she is, I believed that she lived a full life. We're just the same age. Me and my fishes friends reminded each other to take care of our health. But more importantly we reminded each other to make the most out of the life and the time we are given here. 

Admittedly, I have a challenge with that right now. I am so overwhelmed with work and the responsibilities that I have plus family concerns, that everything is taking its toll. I'm getting sick and I don't get enough rest. I can't even keep a good smile on my face. I cannot complain. I cannot talk about it to people. I am being careful. I don't want to pass on too much negativity. I don't want to pass on my baggages. 

But yes, I can only take as much. I am lifting everything to you, Lord. I am not yet ready to leave this earth.


No comments:

Post a Comment