Sunday, February 15, 2015

that thing called tadhana

I intended to write about the movie. However, it is quite delayed already. I somehow forgot what I was to write about the movie. All I remember is how I gushed over JM. Haha Or maybe I can write about it as I continue with this post.

It's Valentine's day! I remember to have celebrated this last year with a heavy heart. Not because I was heart broken but something bad happened with work. That is something I cannot forget.

This year it's different. I celebrated it with a semi heavy heart. Again, not because I am broken hearted. But because Papa is sick. Fortunately, he is out of the hospital. Quite heavy because I would leave again tomorrow. I'm grateful though that at least we got to celebrate at home over simple dinner with matching heart shaped cake.

While I was walking my dogs earlier, I got to thinking. 6 or 7 years ago, everytime Valentines come I become so giddy. That hopeless romantic in me would always fantasize a lovely surprise that would sweep me off my feet. The only real Valentines date I had was with Charlie 5 yrs ago. No gifts nor flowers just movie, dinner, and videoke. Though it didn't mean anything special, I'm happy that I experienced that. 

Fast track to years after that, I became less excited . To the point that I don't look forward to it. Perhaps, I just grew older that's why. It is just another ordinary day. But if I really come to think of it. It shouldn't be just like any other days. 

Love should always be celebrated. Everyday should always be looked forward to. 

I don't know where I am going with what I am writing. What I simply want to say is, I have come to a point that I am no longer bitter because I don't have a date nor did I receive flowers or chocolates. But I am hopeful that one day my story will unfold. 




No comments:

Post a Comment