Monday, January 20, 2014

Broken Hearted a Million Times

I welcomed this year with a firm resolve to be more positive. And that was put to test immediately. My father was brought to the ICU a week ago and was only discharged last Saturday. I know I needed to be strong. After all, both my parents are dependent on me. During the whole time, only a few knew. Some people from the office because I had to take a leave. Some friends who saw inquired re my FB status. And relatives.

I tried to divert my attention. Busied myself with work while tending to my father. I didn't take my flight back to Cebu because my father does not want me to leave while he's still in the hospital.And I had to grant that. I don't want to add to the pressure he feels after knowing that he had a mild heart attack during the whole process of almost losing his breath.

What added up to the sadness I felt that week was missing a lot of things that I was looking forward to. It's as if when the sadness rained, it really poured. And to top all that I am financially broke. With the very big hospital bill, I have a lot of obligations to pay that my salary can't cover.

But despite all these, I am just glad that my father is now okay. There is still next January for me to experience what I failed to experience this year. As for the money, it'll take time for me to recover but I eventually will.

During these times, what I am very thankful for is knowing  that there are people who cares. I'm thankful for knowing who truly are my friends and whose hands I can depend on to hold mine when I need some comforting.

My heart maybe a million times broken but I'll eventually pick up the pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment