Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Questions

A lot of questions were thrown at me today. Most were work related because i had a discussion with my boss re my performance last year. Then some general life questions since my learning sessions with Alfie already started.

Two questions that particularly struck me are the ff:

1. Why did I stay with the company?
         This question is often asked to me because it is not a secret that i am not earning what i am supposed to be earning. My answer to this is simple. I feel that i have a mission to fulfill, ie to place everything in order before I leave. I am not the type who measure contentment with compensation. I have had a lot of offers that are way beyond what i currently earn and the workload is not that heavy. I admit that i mostly find satisfaction in leArning and in growing.

2. How old am I?

 It took a while for me to answer. I almost forgot how old I was. I'll be turning 30 this year. And how ironic it is to be told to grow up at this age. But if I come tothink  of it, i've grown. I can truly say that i have mature in almost all aspect of my life. There are emotions that i have learned to control.

As i often say, who i am is now very clear to me.

--

I'm thankful for the questions. I'm thankful for the realizations. I'm thankful for the opportunities to learn and to grow.


No comments:

Post a Comment