Monday, December 29, 2014

Building a Good Relationship with the Lord

As promised, this is the first installment of the things that got my attention from my current readings.

I am not a pious person. I am not even consistent with going to Church. I had many attempts at being consistent though. There was even a time that I would attend mass every day. My main excuse for not being consistent? The many preoccupations I have. Feeling busy. One thing I know for sure, I believe in Him and I trust that He got my back.

It's no news that I am an NBSB. And for several years I became desperate in trying to change that with all the pressures around me. And I ended up broken so many times. It was only lately that I came to accept the reality and welcome this state. But I had my misses too. When I see a slightest chance of a possible relationship, I turn into someone who would cause the guy to run away. Haha. That's what I end up believing.

Everytime I get to share that I am an NBSB, there are people who would actually give me that certain look. It is as if, I committed a crime. Some would even show look of pity. As if being single at this age means loneliness. There are those who would offer words of encouragement. I understand them though. Sometimes, you reach a point when everybody sees what you have accomplished but still looks for that missing/lacking aspect. And more often that not, they see the love/relationship aspect. But then again, I have come to accept this state but I do pray for the right person to come.

As highlighted in the books, for women esp those who are still waiting for "the one" and most esp for those who are like me, instead of focusing on looking for that person, we should focus on strengthening our relationship with Him. Before entering into a relationship with another person, ensure that the relationship with Him is already there. Do I believe this one? Of course I do. But do I live this one? I strive to. And this time, I pray to be consistent. And not with the intention of finding the one but with the hope to be whole by having Him.



No comments:

Post a Comment