Monday, December 29, 2014

Pre-Marital Sex

The second installment. 

I feel like writing tonight. My muse sprinkled me with so many dust. :)

PMS is, I guess, a norm today. With all that you see on TV, Movies, and even in your immediate circle. I even am a product of it. But if we based it on Scriptures, it's a no-no. That's why many Christian books would dedicated a Chapter or two on this.

Based on my readings, sex is a pleasurable thing that should be done within the confines of marriage. Again, with what we see everywhere, sex outside marriage is "in" (because of the lustful nature of man). For men, it's a macho points if they lost their virginity early and it's (as if) an added pogi points if they had sex with several women or if they do it frequently. For women, you're out if you still are a virgin. Even those who proclaim that they are devout Christians, fell into this trap. 

I won't judge those who engage in PMS. They have their reasons for doing it. And perhaps, they were placed in a situation that they can never avoid it. I don't deny that I also almost fell into the trap of giving in. I allowed myself to be in that situation. As inconsistent as I am with Church,  I am consistent in believing that I shouldn't do it. Though I often say that I will do it if I love the person, I am still in that era of believing that my virginity is a gift I can give my future partner on our wedding night. 

With this, I pray for someone who would accept me for this. That my love will not be measured by having to engage in PMS. I pray for strength and willpower to avoid the temptations. 

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment