Thursday, December 18, 2014

leadership

It was my first time to attend the company's strategic planning. It wasn't the typical planning that I expected it to be. It was more of an enablement session. I was mostly an observer during the whole activity. Well I usually am. I just talk whenever there is a specific point that I want to be emphasized. And I am glad that observed because I was able to compare, contrast, and validate. I was able to introspect.

I need introspecting right now esp with the new role I am taking. Everything happened so fast that I didn't get to see everything. All I know is that I welcome this thing and I know I can do it. As what my boss said, he was pleasantly surprised as to how I took everything calmly. I was calm about everything mainly because I know that I was trusted and I trust the immediate circle that I'll be working with.

Again, I'm glad that I was able to introspect. It's important to know what I am bringing in and what help I need. And I'm glad that with the activity, I became more confident because I saw that the leaders of this company are gearing towards not just the growth of the business but also of the growth of the employees. Results may not be immediate but happy that actions are taken.

Several people approached me and told me that this will not be an easy ride for me. It'll be a roller coaster ride next year. But I am positive that I can get through. Thanks to people's assurance.

I just pray for my team's cooperation and open mindedness. And I hope they get to see that whatever I do will be for their best interest.


No comments:

Post a Comment