Saturday, December 27, 2014

reunions

It has been a yearly tradition for Papa's co-retirees to have a Christmas Party. Families are invited but I often have an excuse not to join. As I want to save myself from being asked on why I am not yet married or why I don't have a boyfriend yet. You see, these are the people who saw me grow. They were my first cheerleaders. They supported my singing, dancing, modeling, and all else. So of course, they are the same people who would love to see me settle down like how their kids are already settled.

Since I already came to accept that I'll settle when it's meant, I attended last year and this year's party. Today's party was extra emotional because my Ninong suffered from a second stroke and he cannot speak anymore. He cried because of the love shown by everyone. Almost all of the wives present also cried when my other Ninong danced with him.

I became emotional too. Seeing all of them laughing, singing, dancing and simply reminiscing the good old days. As they have spent almost all of their working years together. Even my parents danced (and won the statue dance contest). I'm already 30 so imagine how old they are. I can only pray that all will still be present in the next parties.

Seeing them today made me think of my own life. How I am living it and how I want to see myself when I look back. When I celebrate reunions 30 years from now, I definitely want to reminisce a life that is well lived.

I guess I need to continue on that introspection...

No comments:

Post a Comment