Monday, February 11, 2013

Deputy Manager

I had a one-on-one discussion with my Big Boss this afternoon. I anticipated a heated discussion but it turned out otherwise. Perhaps because she started it with praising me on how much I look younger now that she almost didn't recognized me. Maybe because I was in a happy disposition. Thanks to exercise my endorphin is high. Or maybe because I didn't want anymore any negative things when it comes to work. I had this resolve to give this company a chance and to give it time. After all, not all good things come in an instant.
The bottomline of the discussion is that I'll be formally taking on a higher post. It's not entirely different from what I am doing right now but I'll be taking care of other people's career growth. I waited for this and suffice to say that I have sacrificed a lot for this.  Am I ready? Can I take on the challenge?  I know I can. What I am apprehensive about is that my promotion will hurt other people's ego. I am put in a position where I need to balance/bridge management and staff. And right now a lot are having issues with management. I just really hope that people will not take things the wrong way. 
KAya ko ni.

No comments:

Post a Comment