Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Empty Chairs and Empty Tables

When I first heard this song, it somehow gave a heavy feeling because it speaks of grief. It must have been  so hard for that character to be the only one alive while all the rest of his comrades are dead. I don't know if there are cases like this today but I'm sure somewhere, someone in the world right now is grieving. I don't know if I grieve but I know there are feelings that can't be spoken and there's a pain that goes on and on.

I don't want to dwell on that though. I'd like to think that I don't allow my emotions to rule me anymore. Yes, I suppress them but at least I can still find my release. Today, I officially started hitting the gym. And it's fun to do it with friends. I had fun. And for sure the next days will be more fun. Doing this breaks the monotony of my life and makes me appreciate more what I have and makes me look forward to what's to come.

Today, I became a friend to someone who needed one. Even if I am away and we didn't see each other, I am glad that I was able to help and be the listening ear. Moments like this makes me appreciate more the person that I am. I am not perfect but I am glad that I can be there for those who needs me.

Empty chairs and empty tables, this pain will not be forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment