Saturday, February 23, 2013

It's Not About the Money

I am often asked of when will I leave or make that when will I resign. And I cannot give a definite answer. Yes, I have had my rants at about work. And yes, I almost gave up for so many reasons but most esp because I am not paid well. I work like a horse and yet I don't get what I deserve. But why am I still staying? There are so many opportunities that will make me earn more. There are opportunities for me to grow professionally. But again, why am I still staying? Simple. I don't want to jump to another unless I have left my mark. As the cliche goes, it's not about the money. I may not be earning like what my colleagues are earning but I would like to believe that I earn more that the monetary value of their compensation. This is not to compare, but just to point out that right now, this is where I am needed. This is where I can help hone others while honing myself. I want to leave my mark here.

I don't want to put to waste the "waiting" that I did. Slowly, my potentials are recognized and rewarded. It pays to wait, I guess. I'm thankful that eventhough my new appointment created a stir to those who first knew and will create a stir to those who will know, I am placed in a position where I can do more. Where I won't stagnate and will continue to grow.

In the end, the best rewards are those money can't buy.

Thank you Lord for another blessing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment