Saturday, February 9, 2013

Love Doctor

It's love month. Next week it'd be Valentines and as always it'll just be an ordinary day. Hahahah bitter mode. Me and my single officemates even plan to pig out as a way of celebrating the bitterness. Hahaha No bitterness actually, we are just looking for some reason to pig out. And I am kinda worried because it hasn't been a week yet but I guess I already gained. lol

Anyway, what I really want to write about is on how I love being the love doctor. Yes, yes.. I don't have a  lot of experience but I guess I can very well relate to those who are hurting right now. It's like I can put some sense into their head because I am going through the same thing. These past few days, a friend reached out quite unexpectedly. I know it's hard for him to be busted by the one person who he expected to understand and accept him esp at this point in his life. Esp that he was given high hopes that there was a chance. It's like a double edged sword crushed his heart. I know that what he is going through is hard. They agreed to stay friends but it is as if it was just for the sake of saying that they stay friends. The girl kept her distance and found someone else to love.

I told my friend that after that "let's stay friends" conversation, there could be distance. Some sort of adjustment for the other to not give hopes and the other to not give wrong signs of pursuing. It's hard because feelings don't fade easily. And no matter how mature the persons involved are, there are just some emotions that can be controlled and must be allowed to flow to avoid one from exploding.

I don't know if I gave all the right words to my friend. But I guess he understood esp that he knows I am going through the same. And I am glad that I was there for him.

People have different ways of dealing with a broken heart. And how long the healing process will be depends on that. But the bottomline is, a listening ear who knows exactly how a broken-hearted person feels can aid in the process.

Oh well, the love doctor in me. :p


No comments:

Post a Comment