Thursday, January 17, 2013

Constant

If there is something constant in this world, it's change. Everyone, everything changes. It may not be to our liking sometimes but we have to deal with these changes. But while everybody talks about dealing/coping/handling (or whatever "ing" ) these changes, I'd like to check on its opposite. How are we dealing with the constants in our lives? Or make that, how do I deal with the constants in my life? But who are they? Or what are they?

If I'll be asked that now, my ready answer would be family. Whenever, wherever, whatever they will be always be family. And since they are a constant, I depend on that thought. That somehow, I don't exert effort to make them feel special because I know they will always be there. That they will understand. But I know too that there are moments that they need to feel a little effort from me. To show how special, how loved, and how cared for they are by me.

Another constant are friends, real friends. Those friends that despite not talking, not seeing remains to be there. Those friends I never get tired talking to despite talking the same things over. Those friends who tirelessly listens to all my drama. Those friends who didn't gave up on me when I am at my worst. Those friends who remained to be friends despite the changes. I don't know if I am a good friend.  I don't know if I make them feel that I appreciate their friendship. I don't know if they feel my love of my care. What I know is that I am happy that through the years they remained to be a constant in my life. 

Another is myself. I am my own constant. I may change in many ways but I'll always be me. So I take care of myself by way of enhancing/developing whatever it is I have.  To strengthen me.

The most constant that I often neglect is HIM. I am not a religious nor a pious person. In my many attempts to have a personal relationship with Him, I always fail. This is something that I really need to work on. 

I was supposed to write something else. Perhaps, the idea prompted because I am reminded to check on my relationship with my constants. I had an argument with my father and it didn't feel right. I went overboard. 

This I realized, we have to take care of the constants before they become changes that are hard to deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment