Friday, January 18, 2013

Tales From The Friendzone

It was November last year when I chance upon this book of Ramon Bautista, Bakit Hindi Ka Crush Ng Crush Mo. I bought it in a jiffy because I find the title funny. It was a compilation of questions sent to him in the social site, formspring. And true to my initial impression, the book was indeed funny. I found it funny because, in a way, I was one of those being described there. And I somehow find it comforting to know that there are others, who, go through the same things I do and some even worst. I like RB's attack in talking sense to his readers. I forgot how he termed it but it hits to the core. But then again it would all depend to the recipient on how he takes it.

The common thing that was asked/shared about was re being in the friendzone. I guess everyone knows about this. And I was in that zone for more than a couple of times. And funny how those lines uttered by the friendzoner in that book, were almost exactly the same lines told to me. The difference perhaps is that those friendzoned in that book were guys and I am a girl. But then it's no biggie.

I have a male friend who is in the same situation as I am. He would often find links/posts related to the tales of being in the friendzone. And would gladly share it with me.It's a way, I guess, to better understand what we go through and how we deal with it. And people actually gave labels to it. What I find so real about it is those in the waiting game, the ABANGERS. Those who are silently praying that a couple would break up so they can jump right in. Haha. Maybe I exaggerated that, but that is the long and short of it. The common tag line for the abangers is, Keep Calm and Abangan Mo Sila Mag Break. Another haha.

But am I an Abanger? I guess not. And in every "friendzoned" moment I had, I never wished for the couple to break up esp this last. Earlier, I saw pics and I am happy to know that I didn't feel any pain. My heart knows and accepts. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment