Friday, January 25, 2013

Long Walks

A friend posted yesterday re taking a long walk to home.  I instantly commented on how I miss taking such walks. Long walks are like bus rides to me. It allows me to think. It allows me to  assess how I am and how I truly feel. It allows me to dream.

It has been a while since I had a long bus ride and a long walk.  Although it doesn't mean that I hadn't had the time to think because I did and I have to. It's just different when you actually do the thinking while walking and seeing different scenes and people along the way. Not to mention the dirt, the dusts, the heat, the wind, etc. This may sound exaggerated but it's real. It keeps me so grounded that my reasoning is not clouded. Thus, I think right.

If long walks and bus rides do this to me, i hope others may find their own bus rides and long walks too. It may not be evident, but oftentimes we are caught in a situation where we need reassessing. We need to check on where we are and where we are headed. We need to stop and think. But in this fast-paced world, it's hard to find that solemn moment when we can truly discern.

 And so it is important that once in a while we get to take our own long walks and bus rides. After all, in the end what we aim for is to be where we should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment