Saturday, January 5, 2013

That French Movie and That Musicale

Today is just a chill day. I opted to just stay home and do nothing. Oh well, I cannot "not do" anything. That is just impossible. So to pass the day by, I started reading this how-to book on success but as usual I fell asleep even before I started the first chapter. And since no one was online for me to chat (except that Jof called for around 10 mins) and since I did too much flooding already on my twitter and facebook timeline and my dogs already got tired of playing with me, I decided to watch movies instead. I was hoping to watch Lord of The Rings Trilogy but I cannot anymore find my copy. So I ended up watching Moulin Rouge (MR) and a French Movie (FM) - Amelie.

I am such a sucker for Romance movies, for love stories even if it doesn't end like in fairy tales. It gives me a certain pinch in the heart and makes me more excited to finally meet that someone meant for me. I am not good in making movie synopsis though, so I am not gonna attempt on making that. But what I would like to share are the things that moved me and made me really think.

The love story in MR ended tragically, the girl died due to sickness. The story was narrated by the guy. And oh boy, you really can feel the pain of his loss and more so you can really feel the depth of his love. I love it when I see how a guy truly loves his girl and would do anything to show his love and fight for it. And I would like to believe that in today's reality men like that still exists. Men who doesn't feel intimated by a girl's stature and believes in his own self. Men who doesn't equate everything with a price and/or money. While it may be true that man cannot survive with love alone but it is also true that you cannot buy love.


Another moving thing about MR are the songs, the lyrics in particular. Since the movie is some sort of a musicale, there were a lot of songs used. The opening statement of the movie (which later on was sang), "the greatest thing you will ever learn is just to love and be loved in return", is really something. I haven't learn this yet. I wasn't loved the way I loved. I am looking forward to that day that I'll finally learn this thing and feel it. Soon, I know, it'll happen. :) The other song (I don't know the title and I am too lazy to google it :p) has this line, " I hope you don't mind that I put down in words how wonderful life is that your in the world". Wow..the song is just wow. I often dream of being serenaded and I hope that in these times there are still men who will do it for love. The last song that really made an impact has this line ,"come what may I will love you until my dying days". This was made to serve as a reminder for the lovers. A reminder of how true and how deep their love for each other is. In today's society where relationships and/or marriage has somehow become a trial and error process where one can easily quit if something goes out of hand, I still hope to find that person who will be my better half until that day I am called by my Creator, come what may.

Oh gosh, I talk too much when it is about love and loving. Oh well, I guess, I still am in love with love. And it's actually good because it means that I haven't given up yet. That I still am not tired of loving.

That other movie I watched, a French movie, I almost did not continue watching it because I had to   read the subtitle for me to understand. It wasn't a typical love story. In fact it is not a love story. It was a story about a girl, who later on found love unexpectedly. I guess it would suffice to say that Amelie (the main character) made herself busy and found contentment in helping others while ditching out the idea of loving until she found the guy who made her heart beat like crazy. She was afraid to show the guy how she feels because he may not feel the same way. But since it was a movie and has to end after guy meets girl, it was a happy ending for the two. Though I don't really get why they ended up in bed on their first meeting (silly me). Maybe it was establish somewhere in  the movie that the guy also felt the same because of their chance encounters. Anyway, that fear felt by the girl is understandable. The fear of rejection for women is heightened esp that society is not accustomed to women making the first move. It's actually the  guy who should woe. But then again, society is changing and I salute women who freely express their feelings and not caring what other people will say. I salute them for taking the risk. Well, this is just like saying that I salute myself for making that move. Hahaha I guess I am just a firm believer of equality. If men can do it, so can I. But then I just have to remind myself when to stop and learn to accept that rejections are a part of loving. That I cannot get something I am not meant to have.

Oh well, until that next love story I'll watch.


:p


No comments:

Post a Comment