Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Day I Decided to be Fine

Just a few days ago I was so consumed with being sad that I didn't get to enjoy. It wasn't a good thing but somehow allowing myself to wallow in sadness helped me realize what should matter in my life. If this happened a few years back, probably it will take me years to recover. But then, as I often say, I guess it is already a function of age, of time and of experience, that I can choose to get over it. And I did.  There's no point of keeping that sadness because it won't help me move forward with my life. It isn't as simple as I'm saying it right now though but I am taking baby steps. I cannot allow sadness nor hate to fill my heart.

Yes, today I decided to be fine. It's so nice to feel so light and just focus on happy things. I know there will be people who will raise their eyebrows because I made peace with "him" easily. I cannot blame them but I don't care what they say. For I know in my heart that it is want I wanted to do and it is the right thing to do. At the end of the day, what matters to me is that I don't push people away because I chose to be selfish.

:)



No comments:

Post a Comment