Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Need to be Alone

No matter the need to be with company, there are moments when one needs to be alone and just be still. It's not a way of pushing people away but somehow a way to keep one's sanity. There are times when one just have to deal with oneself without having to explain or talk to or be with someone.



Lately, I am like that most of the time. Though, I always want to be with friends, to have people to talk to and not be alone. I just have those moments when I just want to be by myself and not talk to anyone. I'd like to deal with myself alone. It somehow became a defense mechanism of not relying on anyone for me to get through. Am I being unfair to those who wants to be there for me? Am I not allowing others to comfort me? Am I being selfish for keeping everything to myself? I guess I am not. Because whenever I have these alone times, I acknowledge that I have people around me who would readily be there when I need them, no questions asked. I know that there are willing comforters when I need comforting. And I know that sometimes I just need to keep my mouth shut to truly assess what it is that I truly feel. And even if there are no words said, I know I have willing and able listeners.

Perhaps people often see me as forever alone. Yes, I am not in a relationship. Yes, most of my friends are away and those who are near also have lives to lead. But I know I am not. I still have them in my life. And I don't need physical presence for a reassurance. I know in my heart that they love and care for me as much as I love them and care for them.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment