Thursday, January 3, 2013

Thank You Sir Lee

Exactly a year ago, an accident happened which caused the life of a colleague. I wouldn't say that I was close to Sir Lee. I didn't even know that we were the same age until we had to fill up his info sheet in the funeral parlour. What I can say based on those few occasions that I was able to work with him and talk to him is he is a good person. I never heard him complain even if he was being pushed to his limits.  Even while it was already early dawn, everyone were tired esp him, he can still cheer everyone up.  And I often say this, he is one of the most positive person I know. And I daresay one of the smartest in his field. Ika nga, iniexplain mo pa lang, may solution na sya.



Funny how today, in the midst of going crazy over a report I cannot finish I just thought of him and instantly I was able to find a solution to finish the report I was making. I remember during those times that I cannot perfect a certain report formula he was always willing to help even if he was already so busy perfecting his own. I would admit that I was somehow able to master scripting because of him. I studied his scripts and from there I learned. Even when my former boss asked me today for a particular script, it was the script made by Sir Lee that I gave. Even through that until now he still continues to help out with the works that he left.

I had a braincellsbleed today. I coined this term because of a complicated layout I started this afternoon. Times like this I badly need his expertise and I guess my colleagues too would feel the same. Sir Lee's intelligence plus his goodness would really make one question why his sudden death. Why was he taken so early when he can still do more. Did I say that he just started out a business and he was about to get married to his girlfriend of 8 years? But then again I cannot question God's reason for that. Even he wouldn't question for sure. His death , I guess, is a reminder of how uncertain our stay here on earth. I mean for how long we are going to live. That's why we shouldn't put off for tomorrow what we can do today. We must create memories while we can.

The night before he died, I had the chance to talk to him in ym. He told me to not focus on the negative so I would be productive. I try to be positive as possible. There are a lot of things that I need to be grateful for. And one is crossing paths with Sir Lee. I have learned a lot from him and until now I am still learning from his works. So for that, THANK YOU SIR LEE.

On the day he died, while he was on road, he was still chatting with colleagues. I was late for work that day because I had to meet other officemates for breakfast for another activity. Thus, I wasn't able to open my laptop because of the news. When I got to open my YM, the offline message I had was from him. It was 8:55 am , just 4-5 minutes before the accident. The message was just "mam". Perhaps he'll ask me regarding the set-up I had to do for his program to work. I wasn't able to respond to that message. Had I been able to, it would be "Sir".  I just hope that wherever he is right now, he's proud that we were able to finish what he started on the project we worked on. I hope he's proud that we learned from him and we're practicing what we have learned.

As I often tell him after he solves my formula problems, SALAMAT SIR!




No comments:

Post a Comment