Tuesday, January 15, 2013

KIM, MAJA, and GERALD

It's no news that I am into showbiz news, local showbiz news. I used to open daily pep.ph and read on what's new with the stars. I even read comments. Now, I am addicted to FashionPulis.com. I enjoy reading the blind items and the comments. Mostly, I enjoy how each article is written. Anyway, this past week a news broke out re Gerald courting Maja and Kim got affected. I don't know the real story of course. What I know of is only what the media presented. I can't help but comment on this. Why? Partly because this shows of how much of a human they are but mostly because this covers a lot of deeper issues that, I guess, everyone went through and is going through. Maybe that's why a lot of people reacted.

Gerald was Kim's ex. Though they never admitted it until they broke up. Maja is Kim's best friend. And I think they got really close during the time that Kim was mending a broken heart. Kim and Gerald are a thing of the past. It had been 3 years after all. Now, Gerald and Maja because of an event became friends. They spent holidays together (with a group) and that was the reason why the whole issue got big. And because they are artists, media just had to meddle. Maja said that there's nothing going on.That Kim knew everything from the start. Gerald said that if given the chance he will court Maja. After all, they are both single. That the way they'll handle the situation will define how mature they are. While Kim, who seemed to be the victim, had been inconsistent. She said she's happy for them. Then ended up saying she's sad for their friendship (hers and Maja).

Theirs is indeed a complicated situation. People would say that Kim shouldn't be affected anymore because it had been 3 yrs. Others would say that Maja should've considered Kim's feelings and their friendship. Or Gerald should've have avoided Maja out of respect for Kim. But I would have to nod on what Gerald said re maturity. The way their story will end, the way they'll feel, and how they'll continue will all depend on how mature they are.


If I'll have my take on this, it'll be the ff:

1. Betrayal - If I were Kim, that would be the first thing I'll feel, esp that Maja is my best friend. It's like why of all people? I was bestrayed by that guy before and now you because of him? Sometimes, it's not enough that you tell the person. Maja may have told Kim everything but what makes or break is how Maja responds to those everything. Betrayal may not be the intention, but that's how it would seem.
                   
2. Friendship - If I were Maja, I would hope that Kim will understand. If we're friends then she should know what would make me happy. She should know that perhaps what I was looking for, I found in Gerald. She should know that I didn't plan everything to happen and I didn't want to hurt her.

3.Selfishness - If I were Gerald, I am not selfish if I felt something for my ex's best friend and if I want to express it. Why would I deprive myself of a chance to be happy. What happened between me and Kim is a thing of the past already. I guess we both have moved on.

Kim's reaction is natural. And she should be allowed to feel that, to process and take in everything. She may have moved on but she hasn't anticipated that her bestfriend would end up with her ex. And it's a lot to process. It's an entirely different story. She was also put in a situation where she would need to choose her own peace of mind vs the friendship. If she stays friends with Maja then she wouldn't have a choice but be friends with Gerald again. But that's something she's not yet ready to do. It will take time.

Maja and Gerald, if and when, what they feel for each other is love then there's no stopping that.  All they can hope for that in the end they'll be happy together and bring back the friendships they have lost.

What they need right now is time.

I know of a slightly different version of this story and time proved that in the end friendship will prevail.

No comments:

Post a Comment